Connect with

WOMAN FASHION WEEK

Fashion Scout: EDDA GIMNES SS18 Merit Award Winner

FASHION SCOUT LONDON 15TH -18TH September 2017

EDDA GIMNES SS18 MERIT AWARD WINNER 

The International Showcase for Fashion Pioneers

SOURCE: FASHION SCOUT LONDON 

Fashion Scout: EDDA GIMNES SS18 Merit Award Winner

Fashion Scout announces Merit Award Winner for SS18 the Norwegian designer Edda Gimnes and her eponymous label EDDA.
Edda Gimnes graduated from London College of Fashion, she has captured the interest and imagination of the press with its original pattern cutting, digital prints drawn with non-dominant hand and decadent color pop details.
Edda Gimnes said for the Merit Award SS18: 
“THE MERIT AWARD IS An AMAZING INITIATIVE TO SHOW SUPPORT FOR UP-AND-COMING DESIGNERS, AS GETTING RECOGNITION AND GUIDANCE IS INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT AT AN EARLY STAGE. IT IS SUCH AN HONOUR TO RECEIVE THIS AWARD AND I AM SO THRILLED TO SHOW MY NEW SS18 COLLECTION WITH FASHION SCOUT THIS SEPTEMBER. FOR ME THE MERIT AWARD MAKES IT POSSIBLE FOR ME TO CONTINUE TO BUILDING MY BRAND.”
EDDA will receive a fully sponsored presentation during London Fashion Week in September with space to host press and buyers. She follows in the successful footsteps of past winners including; Eudon Choi, Phoebe English, David Koma, Roberts|Wood, Han Wen, Xiao Li and AW17 winner Katie Ann McGuigan.

SOURCE: FASHION SCOUT LONDON  

KEY DETAILS of Edda Gimnes SS18 collection 

KEY details of her upcoming SS18 collection inspired by 1950s silhouettes: a mixture of sportswear and feminine glamour, a color palette of olive, mustard, hues of gray, light pink and blue teal are accented with yellow.

For Edda, forgotten objects are important to her and she loves to combine art and fashion in an unexpected way. Imagination and have fun important details of Edda's innovative way of fashion thinking.

Martyn Roberts, FashionScout's Founder and Creative Director comments

Fashion Scout’s Founder and Creative Director Martyn Roberts comments:“EDDA IS A TRULY INNOVATIVE AND PIONEERING DESIGNER WITH A UNIQUE AND EXCITING SIGNATURE. WE HAVE BEEN CHAMPIONING HER WORK FOR THE LAST THREE SEASONS AND HAVE WATCHED THE LABEL WIN AWARDS AROUND THE WORLD. FASHION SCOUT ARE EXCITED TO GIVE HER THE OPPORTUNITY TO BUILD THE EDDA BRAND AND PROFILE HERE IN LONDON.

FASHION SCOUT LONDON 15TH -18TH September 2017

EDDA GIMNES SS18 MERIT AWARD WINNER 

The International Showcase for Fashion Pioneers

By Chrysanthi Kosmatou, August 21/2017