Connect with

WOMAN FASHION WEEK

The Winter 2017/18 DIOR Haute Couture Collection, knowledge and fashion.

The Winter 2017/2018 DIOR Haute Couture collection

How Knowledge inspires Fashion's creativity?

Knowledge and Fashion, an unstoppable adventure to inspire creativity

There has always been a liaison between knowledge and fashion for me.It is about an unstoppable adventure to discover new horizons and have the freedom you need to create. It is also a journey into oneself, exploring your spiritual strength and create fashion in an original, fresh, unexpected way. 

“Only with the culture you can support the other woman around the world because culture gives you more opportunity. Knowledge gives you freedom”  Maria Grazia Chiuri, DIOR  Artistic Director of women’s collections. 

The traveler life in the -Winter 2017-18 DIOR Haute Couture collection

The Autumn-Winter 2017-2018 Haute Couture collection that celebrates the House’s 70th anniversary borrows elements from the masculine wardrobe and mix them with ethnic pieces. Source of inspiration the traveler life, the woman who improves her knowledge, who is in action and have a continuous progress in her daily life.

KEY DETAILS in AW/2017-18 DIOR Haute Couture collection

KEY materials: menswear fabrics, chiaroscuro on jackets, coats, blouses, and jumpsuits that recall aviator jackets and open into pleated culotte skirts
Key colors: gray powdered with pink or nocturnal shades of velvet. It is about an inner, more spiritual strength of femininity through culture and style. 
Meanwhile, the masculine fedora by Stephen Jones, the milliner who this year celebrates his 20th anniversary as Dior’s hat designer, update women's silhouettes with a particular focus on sophisticated elegance and style flexibility.
To me, creative details in fashion are part of my life because they reflect emotions and feelings. This is my way to think and create. Be inspired! 

The Winter 2017/2018 DIOR Haute Couture collection

Maria Grazia Chiuri, DIOR  Artistic Director of women’s collections.

Photo rights: IFF

The Winter 2017/2018 DIOR Haute Couture collection

Maria Grazia Chiuri, DIOR  Artistic Director of women’s collections.

Photo rights: IFF

By CHRYSANTHI KOSMATOU, June 18/2017