Connect with

WOMAN FASHION WEEK

FASHION SCOUT LONDON: The winners of ONES TO WATCH for LONDON FASHION WEEK AW/17

FASHION SCOUT LONDON: The winners of ONES TO WATCH for LONDON FASHION WEEK AW17

How emerging designers could adopt an attitude of innovation in the fashion industry?

Which is their source of inspiration to create remarkable clothing collections?

Change is the core of my personal design thinking. It is about an ultimate feeling of proud of myself to discover the new in fashion.  We can choose to present clothing collections or to discover original design. I believe that both are important for all fashion lovers. 

Moreover, personally speaking, It is a real challenge to embrace new designers, investigate their motive of creation and focus more on the development of their original clothing collections. I see a wonderful exploration of emerging talents visiting twice a year London Fashion Week. For me attending LIVE FASHION SCOUT LONDON ONES TO WATCH it is one of the most exciting experiences during London Fashion Week, as no matter where a designer comes from, It is a platform that gives the opportunity to designers to develop and present their brand in the global fashion scene. 

Where should we look for the new in Fashion? How could we develop innovative and remarkable textiles? How silhouettes and raw materials follow designer's inspiration? These are my personal motive as a Style Blogger to investigate by presenting the winners of ONES TO WATCH for LONDON FASHION WEEK AW17 organized by FASHION SCOUT LONDON.  
I am really proud to discover curious, creative, innovative designers and sharing with them a long-term vision to stand out of the crowd. Just be inspired! 

Joanna Berling, designer, winner of ONES TO WATCH for LFW AW17 organized by FASHION SCOUT LONDON.  

SOURCE: FASHION SCOUT LONDON 

JOANNA BERLING about the designer:

Joanna Berling is graduated from London College of Fashion. Her final collection presented in June 2016. Joanna's design is inspired by the beautiful sculptures of Berlinde de Bruckyere. It is all about a personal investigation between the beauty and the bad taste.As Joanna has grown up in Poland, shortly after the post-communist transformation, she is deeply influenced by street hooligans and skinheads.

Above all, Joanna's work is personal and as a designer through fashion she wants people to feel something while looking at her work. Art is the core of her design thinking. "In art, we find answers and questions beyond reality.The reality is where we are and art is where we could be" Joanna Berling.

Berling's pieces have been worn by Petite Meller, Connie Constance, Noga Erez, and Lady Gaga, as well as being featured in Vogue Runway, Dazed & Confused, The Evening Standard, King Kong, Wonderland, and Hunger.In September 2017 Joanna Berling will start her MA in Fashion at the Royal College of Art. 

Joanna has been awarded FASHION SCOUT'S coveted "ONES TO WATCH" award for AW17. She will receive a sponsored collaborative catwalk for AW17, alongside the other recipients, supported by FASHION SCOUT during London Fashion week.

"As a young designer, being able to present an AW17 collection during LFW to follow up my graduate work is an extremely exciting and motivating, through at times slightly intimidating, opportunity. I am so grateful to FASHION SCOUT for this initiative which gives emerging designers an amazing platform to showcase their work"
Joanna Berling. ( SOCIAL I: @joannaberling ). 

Krasimira Stoyneva, designer, winner of ONES TO WATCH for LFW AW17 organized by FASHION SCOUT LONDON.  

Krasimira Stoyneva, about the designer: 

Established in 2014, Krasimira Stoyneva is well known in the global fashion industry for her innovative design idea to make an ultimate luxury alternative of fur by using synthetic hair.

Krasimira graduated with a First Class Honours degree from The University of East London and she won both the “High Commend Award” by Diversity Now 2014 and the “Vogue & Muuse Young Vision Award 2014” with Vogue Editor Sara Maino praising Krasimira's “bold combination of material and prints”.

Key innovative details: her reinvention of unique materials. Synthetic hair, bold prints, and original style inspire the dress code of women who want to feel confident, feminine and stand out of the crowd.#WearHairNotFur is the motto of Krasimira's signature technique: "Using hair allows me to create endless possibilities of color and texture varieties in my garments. I believe that hair with all its potential will become new material to be used within the fashion industry. I would love to be one if the pioneers that made that possible." Krasimira Stoyneva

Krasimira has been awarded FASHION SCOUT'S coveted "ONES TO WATCH" award for AW17. She will receive a sponsored collaborative catwalk for AW17, alongside the other recipients, supported by FASHION SCOUT during London Fashion week.

" I'm so excited to have been selected as one of the designers for THE ONES TO WATCH catwalk. It's such an opportunity to win ONES TO WATCH and I feel privileged to be chosen for it. Winning the award means great exposure for what I do and I can't wait to have my hair fringes on the FASHION SCOUT catwalk." Krasimira Stoyneva ( SOCIAL  I: @krasimira_stoyneva T: @k_stoyneva F:/krasimirastoynev ) krasimirastoyneva.com

Ru Chen, designer, winner of ONES TO WATCH for LFW AW17 organized by FASHION SCOUT LONDON.

Ru Chen, about the designer:

Ru designs for the independent woman, the one who wants to be free in her mind. Benefited from 2 years study of MA Materials Futures in Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design, Ru is working on deconstructed garments with a creative vision in contemporary fashion design.

Architectural shapes are the key design details of Ru's innovative way of design thinking.For me, It's really an amazing journey through creativity to discover how materials and textiles can inspire choreography. Ru Chen studies the physical movement of the body and she aims to abstract dance movement.How could costume and performance art, work in parallel? This is a question that Ru will answer us by her upcoming creations. 

Ru Chen has been awarded FASHION SCOUT'S "ONES TO WATCH" award for AW17. She will receive a sponsored collaborative catwalk for AW17 alongside the other recipients, supported by FASHION SCOUT during LONDON FASHION WEEK.

"As a young brand, we are very new in the fashion industry. To be a part of ONES TO WATCH gives us a great opportunity to present our AW17 collection not only as products but as a brand. We want to tell more stories about the brand and the concept behind each season. The professional team that FASHION SCOUT offers really helps us to make it happen"RU CHEN. ( SOCIAL I: @r_u.chen ).

Orange Culture, designer, winner of ONES TO WATCH for LFW AW17 organized by FASHION SCOUT LONDON.

ADEBAYO OKE-LAWAL, about the designer: 

Adebayo Oke-Lawal describes Orange Culture as a “movement” more than a clothing line. It is a menswear brand with a variety of linens, silks, organzas and coated cotton, all manufactured in Lagos from ethically-sourced fabrics from local Nigerian fabric makers. Adebayo combines with his greatest passion, classics with contemporary western silhouettes, like collared button-ups and lapel-less blazers with African sensibilities.

Adebayo Oke-Lawal has been designing since the age of 10. He has worked with African designers, actors, pop stars and even magazines but the design is the core of his creative mind. Since starting his label, Orange Culture in 2011, Adebayo's vision is to inspire a creative class of men who are self-aware, expressive, explorative and art-loving nomads.

Orange Culture is currently stocked at Alara Lagos, Grey Velvet Lagos, Stranger Lagos, Ichyulu Kenya, Church Boutique Hollywood, Utter Couture London, Osengwa Los Angeles, and Verse20.com.

Thanks to the sponsorship of the Nigerian Export Promotion Council was the first Nigerian brand to show at LONDON COLLECTIONS MEN Spring Summer 2016 and has shown on other platforms within the continent such as South Africa Menswear Week and Ghana Fashion and Design Week. 

Orange Culture has been awarded FASHION SCOUT'S "ONES TO WATCH" award for AW17. Adebayo Oke-Lawal will receive a sponsored collaborative catwalk for AW17 alongside the other recipients, supported by FASHION SCOUT during LONDON FASHION WEEK

"For a brand coming from Nigeria, it shows me that no matter where you're from and your background, FASHION SCOUT LONDON is a platform that will still open doors for you, give you an opportunity to speak to the world, globalize your brand and will believe in you" Adebayo Oke-LawalSOCIAL I:@orangeculturengwww.orangecultureng.com . 

Source: FASHION SCOUT LONDON

ONES TO WATCH, FASHION SCOUT LONDON for LONDON FASHION WEEK AW17

by Chrysanthi Kosmatou, January 4/2017.