Connect with

WOMAN FASHION WEEK

MILLINERY : HEADONISM DESIGNERS FOR 2016/2017- LONDON FASHION WEEK SS17

How is authenticity beginning to affect designer's creativity 

How a Fashion Style Blogger focuses on the voice of the creative fashion industry?

So rise up and empower your style with milliner's creativity.

Just do what you feel!

When I visited London last September for London Fashion Week SS17, I encouraged myself to be beyond the confort zone and be curious about what kind of new in fashion,rather than simply coming to attend an International fashion event. When it comes to fashion design,I've always believed that it's best to start from the real craft,high-level handmade work, and capture designer's authentic messages.

Headonism is a British Fashion Council's (BFC) designer support initiative curated by Stephen Jones OBE, during London Fashion Week each season.Above all, It is worth mentioning that recipients showcase their innovative collection at an installation during London fashion Week while also receiving mentorship,business support throughout the year.

I do believe that It is very important to be authentic,to dare to challenge people's dress code,to explore new materials and create with passion. Now we should not focus on improving the old but rather on building the new in fashion.This is the reason that I really love how millinery, as a real art of craftsmanship, is making a step forward and hopefully, in the end, begin to adopt original changes in designer's collections.

For me, it is about high-quality materials,contemporary design and love for handmade art. It is a challenge for my way of style to look beyond fashion trends and explore what I really love to wear. Maybe this is a secret voice against conformity and milliners with their passion for hat design,they do know how to stand out of the crowd. 
So rise up and empower your style with milliner's creativity. Just do what you feel! I'll do it ! 

Laura Kinsella

BESPOKE MILLINERY

www.laurakinsella.com  

instagram @lkmillinery 

facebook: Laura Kinsella Millinery 

Laura Kinsella award-winning and highly-acclaimed Limerick School of Art & Design, graduated with an honours degree in Fashion Design in 2008. Laura launched her first bespoke range in 2013.Throughout 2014 Laura collaborated with Irish designer Danielle Romeril on both her spring/summer 2014 and 2015 collections.

Each piece of Laura's collection is blocked and stitched entirely by hand without the use of any machinery.Individual, exquisite and abstract hats, headpieces and accessories, by traditional technique are key details in Laura's bespoke hat creations.

The Irish milliner honed her skills around the globe, everywhere from a design studio in Melbourne to Mexico City under designer Alejandra Quesada.
Early 2014 saw Laura crowned Image magazine’s Breakthrough Designer of the Year at Kerry Fashion Week.  Later at the RDS horseshow her ‘Sora’ headpiece was named ‘Most Creative Hat’ by judges Angela Scanlon and Philip Treacy.
2015, Laura was one of 8 designers in a curated exhibition that represented Ireland at the International Fashion Showcase at London Fashion Week. 
Laura Kinsella prefers to create her own textiles using fabrics such as millinery wire, Irish waxed linen cord, crochet yarn, and straw creating a more architectural sculptured design in her headwear.Just be INSPIRED !

photographer credits: Think-Feel-Discover.com 

Laura Kinsella

BESPOKE MILLINERY

www.laurakinsella.com  

instagram @lkmillinery 

facebook: Laura Kinsella Millinery 

by Chrysanthi Kosmatou,November15/2016.